Friday, November 13, 2009

Movin' and Groovin' with Monkeys


Monkeys, Monkeys, Monkeys everywhere. Our last Busy Hands and Feet Story Time focused on what else, MONKEYS!
I read several fun stories and did several songs. My favorite title is a new one by Emily Gravett called Monkey and Me. Such a simple story of a young girl and her stuffed monkey who went to see........





Also I read 10 Little Sock Monkeys by William B. Winburn and Mo's Stinky Sweater by David Bedford.
The songs the kids enjoyed were 3 Little Monkeys Swinging in the Tree. This is a song I use to teach kids simple sign language while having a great time. The other song was The Itsy Bitsy Monkey that follows the tune of Itsy Bitsy Spider. I found this song on the website, The Best Kids Book Site Ever.
This was the last of the Busy Hands and Feet Storytimes until January. I will continue to add to the blog focusing on fun preschool books I think especially great. Have a great holiday!
Diana

No comments: