Friday, March 6, 2009

The Letter B

An ongoing part of our children's services at the McMinnville Public Library is providing storytimes for local HeadStart classes. These are some of my favorite storytimes. This month I am concentrating on the letter B.
Here are some of the books I will be using:


I work with the kids on the early literacy skill of letter knowledge. It is the knowledge that each letter has a specific sound and shape. I have the children tell me something in the storytime room that begins with the letter B. I enunciate the b sound to help them identify more items or concepts that begin with the B sound.



The book, Not a Box by Antoinette Portis is a great imagination stretcher. I brought in a cardboard box and after I finished the book the children imagined what else a box might be. Tons of fun.



Diana


















1 comment:

D said...

We love the bear books!

We'll have to check out the Not a Box book as a cardboard box is still one of the girl's favorite toys.

:)Diane