Sunday, October 4, 2009

Cooollage...


I got the idea for this week's preschool story time from an old craft book for kids that I had transferred to the McMinnville Library. Using burlap, buttons, felt, and anything else I can find, the kids are going to flex their creative muscles this Tuesday, October 6th as they glue, paste, and tape together everything to make a burlap collage.

Last week the kids made paper mermaid dolls. I had never seen an all red glitter mermaid before, but that's just one of the creative ways the children decorated their mermaids. We read a couple of picture books about mermaids and we snacked on bananas and graham crackers. I tell parents to please put their children in clothes that can get dirty because story time crafts can be a little messy sometimes.

If you have a preschooler that loves books and likes to make things then please stop by. The emergent reader storytime is also a great place to meet other parents. See you soon I hope!

Carol

No comments: