Sunday, July 12, 2009

paper, pastels, and preschoolers






Dutch artist Vincent Van Gogh used oils to create portraits, landscapes, and still lifes. Drawing from Van Gogh's theme of sunflowers we will experiment with paper and pastels to create a masterpiece! Join us at the McMinnville Public Library Tuesday, July 14th for crafts, snacks, and most importantly books. I have a wonderful selection of new books that I will be sharing with everyone.

Last Tuesday, with Alexander Calder as our inspiration, the kids made mobiles. The kids enjoyed seeing pictures of his sculptures and creating their own floating piece of art. It's amazing what you can do with cardboard and construction paper. Great job everyone!


















1 comment:

Andrew said...

I think Alexander Calder and Marc Chagall are excellent to base an art project on for children. And I remember my 3rd grade teacher using a van Gogh flower portrait for an art assignment as well.