Thursday, January 8, 2009

Early Literacy

I just finished my first Early Literacy Newsletter. The quarterly newsletter gives tips on books and activities related to Early Literacy and the 6 Early Literacy skills. Check it out. It is in a pdf and you can print it yourself or I have printed several copies available at the library. This project was funded by Oregon State Library "Ready to Read" grant which provides funding for early literacy and Summer Reading programs for Oregon libraries.
I am excited to say that Story times will begin again next week. It seems so long ago that we had the pleasure of presenting fun stories, songs and fingerplays. I am thinking that I will start providing short puppet shows too.
Here is the schedule for the upcoming winter Story Times at the McMinnville Public Library.

No comments: